Role – Environmental Protection Technical Assistant
- The role will largely be focusing on low-level Environmental Protection work and admin on your work from home days.
Location – North West England
Duration – 3 Months
Hours – 37 per/week
Rate – Negotiable (Umbrella paid)
Working Style – 3 days on site approx.
Start Date – ASAP (1-2 weeks to get started)
About the role:
- To investigate pollution control / public health complaints, the majority of which relate to noise but also odour, smoke, light, filthy premises, etc, taking enforcement action where required to resolve them.
- To respond to queries regarding radon gas, providing advice as required on this and other general radiation issues.
- To collate/distribute information relating to bathing waters in the Borough.
- To carry out air pollution and noise monitoring as required.
- To provide professional/technical advice on Environmental Protection matters/issues to colleagues, departments within the Council, other bodies, agencies and the public as required.
- To interpret, give clear advice and implement legislation affecting Environmental Protection work, including enforcement action, compiling legal cases and appearing in court as an expert witness.
- Experience of at least low-level Environmental Protection work including refuge, accumulations, low-level noise etc.
- Able to come into office/site at least 3 days per week.
If this is a suitable role and you have the relevant experience, please do apply. Should it not be for you, do send it across to someone who may find it of benefit!
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.