Client – Local Authority
Location – Hertfordshire/Essex border
Role – Garage Officer
Duration – Up to 12 Months initial contract
Hours – 37 per/week across 5 days
Rate – £18-20 PH paid through an Umbrella company
Working Style – Initially 5 days on site/in office, then can move to hybrid working after a successful probation period
The Council is committed to the highest level of customer care and service delivery. The post holder will work as part of the Area Housing Team and be responsible for the delivery of the garage management service to all existing customers and potential customers of garages and hard standings, in accordance with the Council’s agreed policies and working practices, delivering a first class housing service that is value for money and customer focused.
Day to day responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for the management of all council garage tenancies and letting of vacant garages.
- Responsible for rent collection and arrears to do with garages, rents, and former tenant arrears.
- To check void garages/hard standings/associated parking areas on a weekly basis.
- Arrange repairs and allocate empty garages and hardstands in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out a minimum of 2 inspections per year of all garage blocks and hardstand areas in order to identify and rectify any health and safety or environmental issues, and to refer them to and liaise with the appropriate departments / agencies for a speedy resolution.
- To investigate and deal with promptly any management issues arising that involve garage or other parking areas such as vandalism, dumped cars/rubbish and health and safety concerns.
- Housing management experience gained in local authority, RSL or related organisation, including contact with general public.
- Full driving licence and access to a car or other satisfactory means of transport.
- Familiar with the use of Orchard (Housing) software package would be incredibly beneficial.
Should you have any questions about the role please do email me on or call me on 0115 66 6399.
Please note that if you do not have any experience within housing, you’re application cannot be considered at this time.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.