Head of Commissioning
G2 Recruitment are working alongside our client to hire a Head of Commissioning on a contract basis.
Contract length: 6 months
Rate: Negotiable DOE
Hours: 37 hours per week
Working Pattern (Flexible Hours/Remote): Generally remote, occasional meetings on site (approx. twice a month), Flexible/Compressed hours available
Develop and deliver the commissioning strategy and plans for care and support, communities and housing across Herefordshire, ensuring commissioned services are high performing; customer focused and deliver the strategic objectives set out in the county plan, corporate delivery plan, all age commissioning strategy and directorate plans and strategies.
- To lead the development of strategic commissioning social care or communities for people of all ages, ensuring performance management of commissioned and contracted services.
- To manage, co-ordinate and develop a team of commissioners working across both adults and children’s services
- To work with a variety of stakeholders within the local area to commission and provide the relevant services in the local area
- Experience with the full commissioning and procurement cycle
- Experience working cross agency i.e. this role will involve working with the local NHS Trust and CCG (and ICS once established)
If after reading this you believe you or someone you know meet the requirements of the role and you wish to apply, please send CVs to John Grealey at
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.