My local authority client in the Midlands are currently looking a Housing Options Officer for a minimum of 6-12 months to help with increased workloads
About the role:
- Hybrid working, 2 days on site
- ASAP Start
- Midlands based
- £22-28 per hour
- Interviews next week
You will be responsible for:
- Investigate and assess the needs of homeless and other housing applicants.
- Determine priorities and allocate properties.
- Offer advice and assistance on housing options and ensure Council policies and procedures are followed in the allocations and assessment process.
- Delivery of an effective and appropriate service to all service users, fairly and without discrimination.
Successful candidates will have:
- A strong knowledge of the Homelessness Prevention and The Housing Act, in particular parts 6 and 7 of the Act.
- Knowledge and experience of directly applying homelessness legislation in a Local Authority setting.
- Experience in issuing Section 184 Decisions with little to no guidance and an ability to interview clients and assess their applications quickly and accurately.
Please do apply if you think you would be suitable for this role or reach out to me on 0115 666 6399 and ask for Olivia.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.