One of my local authority clients based in the Home Counties are currently on the lookout for a Housing Options Officer to join their team.
You will be required to work X5 days in every 10 day period in office with their being scope for the remaining X5 days in every 10 day period to be worked remotely.
Housing Options Officer
Contract: 3 Months Rolling (Likely to continue for 12 Months +)
Start Date: ASAP
Housing Software: Civica
You will be expected to:
- Maintain an up to date detailed knowledge of the Council’s statutory homelessness duties and policies (part 6 and part 7) and relevant policies, protocols.
- Manage, prioritise and work a caseload effectively to assist customers by providing a professional and effective Housing Needs and Options assessment and advisory service to meet the Council’s targets and Statutory Homelessness duties.
- Ensure that all enquiries for assessment are thorough and undertaken sensitively and professionally, that sound Statutory Homelessness, and cost effective Prevention decisions are made in a timely manner (within 56 days or no more than 77 days) to prevent and relieve homelessness.
- Proactive engagement and work with the customer to ensure all reasonable activities to prevent and relieve homelessness are agreed on a personal housing plan and implemented. This includes assistance for customers to access the private housing sector, the Housing Register or Supported People Housing as appropriate for each customer.
- Accurately and thoroughly recording casework notes to document enquiries and decision points, writing and issuing bespoke notification letters for customers of all decisions in a timely manner always mindful of GDPR
- Upholding the highest standards of customer care in keeping with the customer charter, responding to enquiries promptly
Successful candidates will have a vast amount of experience doing the above within a local authority setting as there will be an expectancy to hit the ground running.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV or call me on 0115 666 6399.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.