JOB OPPORTUNITY – Housing Options Officer – 2 Year Fixed-Term Contract – Surrey
One of my local authority clients based in Surrey are currently on the lookout for a Housing Options Officer to join their team on a 2 Year Fixed-Term contract.
Housing Options Officer
Contract: 2 Years Fixed-Term
Salary: £34,407 – £37,128 (depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours per week: 37
Required to work a minimum of 2 days in office per week
– Provide comprehensive housing advice to the public to prevent homelessness where possible, enable customers to make informed decisions based on an understanding of the options available to them and to maximise the use of good quality housing across all tenures.
– Implement all aspects of the Council’s statutory homelessness duties including processing homeless applications made under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996, Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and discharging any subsequent duties.
Successful applicants will have:
– Experience writing and issuing detailed and robust S.184 decision letters, front line interviews, carrying out housing needs and affordability assessments etc.
– Have previous experience working in a demanding housing related environmental as their will be an expectancy to hit the ground running.
– A detailed and extensive knowledge of current legislation under Parts VI and VII of the Housing Act 1996, Homelessness Act 2002, Homeless Reduction Act 2017, Localism Act 2011, Landlord and Tenant Legislation, Eviction Act 1977, welfare benefits system and application etc.
– Excellent capabilities in relation to: interviewing, negotiating, written skills, numeracy, decision making, communication, IT and able to work on their own initiative along with managing a caseload and meet deadlines.
– Be self motivated and able to work under pressure, work as part of a team, take responsibility for their development etc.
You must have a full valid driving license and access to a vehicle to use for work purposes.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.