One of my local authority clients based in Surrey are currently on the lookout for a Housing Options Team Manager to join their team on a 2 Year Fixed-Term contract.
Housing Options Team Manager
Contract: 2 Years Fixed-Term
Salary: £41,604 – £44,804 (depending on experience)
Start Date: ASAP
Hours per week: 37
Required to work a minimum of 2 days in office per week
– To manage, support, organise and lead a Housing Options Team set up to focus on an emerging area of demand in the Borough, in the provision and discharge of the Council’s statutory homelessness functions and reviews.
– To manage and lead your teams on the day- to-day operational functions of the service to ensure the discharge of the Council’s statutory housing functions in the areas of Homelessness Prevention, Relief, s184 Homeless Decisions, Homeless Accommodation and s202 Reviews.
Successful applicant will have:
– Experience of managing s busy and mixed ability Housing team along with experience working within set budgets and to tight deadlines.
– Detailed knowledge and practical application of current homelessness legislation, case law and policy etc.
– A proven track record of motivating, developing and coaching staff.
– Excellent skills in relation to: performance management, verbal & written communication, problem solving, IT, organisational, time management and able to write clear concise reports and letters to the public.
You must have a full valid driving license and access to a vehicle to use for work purposes.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.