HOUSING STANDARDS OFFICER – 6 MONTH ASSIGNMENT
One of my local authority clients based within the South East are currently on the search for an experienced Housing Standards Officer/ Private Sector Housing Officer to join their existing housing team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Investigation of complaints regarding housing disrepair, in line with council policies and procedures, using the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS). Where appropriate, to initiate and follow through formal enforcement action under Housing Act 2004.
- Mandatory licensing of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) including investigation and enforcement of unlicensed HMOs.
- Undertake immigration housing assessments of house condition, size, over-crowding, etc. and produce reports/recommendations.
- Work with the council’s home improvement agency to facilitate housing repair grants and loans in line with their Housing Assistance Grants and Loans Policy.
- Investigate long-term empty properties with a view to bringing them back into use.
- Implement and enforce Minimum Level of Energy Efficiency Standards for Private Rented Properties (MEES) (Energy Efficiency (Private Rented Property) (England and Wales) Regulations 2015).
- Implement and enforce the Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020.
- Make referrals to council fuel poverty and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) grant schemes.
You will be required on site 3 days per week with the remaining 2 days working from home.
There is an expectancy to hit the ground running therefore recent previous experience conducting HHSRS inspections (minimum 2 years) within a local authority setting is essential.
Role: Housing Standards Officer
Contract: 6 Months
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 37 p/w
If you are interested in this role, please send your most up-to-date CV on , or feel free to give me a call on 0115 666 6399.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.