I am working with a client based in London seeking an Income Recovery Officer to join their team:
- Responsible for the collection of rental income and other Housing monies due, using appropriate methods to prevent rent arrears
- Providing advice and guidance to tenants in respect of Universal Credit Housing Costs and different payments methods in order to help them meet their rental liabilities effectively.
- To follow appropriate procedures and policies over the collection of rent and to work with the tenants to prevent rent arrears by ensuring that all stages of the rent arrears procedures are followed.
- To negotiate and monitor repayment agreements and carry out any necessary recovery action including legal action to maximise our income and minimise debt.
- To initiate legal action to recover unpaid rent including the personal serving of legal notices; preparation of court papers and, if necessary, attendance at Court and attending eviction appointments at the tenant’s home with the Bailiffs.
- Interview customers/tenants in order to discuss rent arrears; other debts or to collect/take copies of Housing Benefit verification paperwork or help with providing proofs for a Universal Credit claim, in order to maximise their income and sustain their tenancy.
Job Type: Full Time
Contract: 6 months with possibility of extension
Location: London Hybrid, will require you to commute to the office once a week
Rate: £23+ DOE
If this role is of interest to you then apply with your CV or call 0121 726 2680
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.