I am currently recruiting for a Housing Options Officer to join North Northamptonshire Council.
LOCATION: North Northamptonshire Council (Kettering or Wellingborough office)
HOURS: 37.5 per week
DURATION: 6 months ongoing
PAY RATE: £25-£28 per hour (Umbrella) depending on experience
- Be a key point of contact for service users and stakeholders, ensuring that all services are to standards agreed with partners and customers.
- Deliver the Council’s statutory obligations under the Housing Act 1996, Part VII, Homelessness Act 2002 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
- Determine and administer the requirements of the Homeless Reduction Act 2017, in its Prevention, Relief and Homeless duties.
- Conduct an accurate assessment of customer’s needs, the outcome of which is effectively communicated to them and is laid out in a Personal Housing and Wellbeing plan.
- Encourage customers to take all necessary steps to prevent homelessness occurring where possible.
- Increase housing options and solutions for customers who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Liaise with the Landlord Liaison Officer, landlords and agents in setting up tenancy agreements and arranging rent in advance or deposit via the Council’s prevention schemes.
- Work in an enhanced partnership way across the public sector, the voluntary, the community sector and with landlords to offer housing solution’s and the most relevant support for the customer.
- Keep accurate records of all cases using the IT infrastructure and procedures provided.
- Be customer focused acting as a problem solver when issues cross professional boundaries.
- Deliver training to partnership agencies about the Housing Options service.
- Embrace service improvement in your team, contributing to the delivery and review of service standards, quality and performance targets in accordance with the Council’s Service Delivery plans.
- Manage the rent account of those homeless customers placed into temporary accommodation.
- Make placements in to temporary accommodation for those customers who are homeless, evidencing suitability by carrying out a risk assessment.
- Provide assistance to temporary accommodation providers as required.
If you think you could be a good fit, please do apply. Should you have any questions you can reach me on or by calling 0115 666 6399, asking for Olivia.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.