JOB OPPORTUNITY – Lettings Officer – Home Counties
One of my local authority clients based in the Home Counties are currently on the lookout for a Lettings Officer to join their team.
You will be required to work a minimum of X2 days in office per week with their being scope for the remainder to be worked remotely.
Contract: 6 Months +
Start Date: ASAP
Housing Software: Civica
You will be responsible for providing a customer focused rehousing service to support the Council’s objectives to prevent and relieve homelessness. Manage a caseload effectively to support and assist customers with rehousing actions that are owed a main housing duty and/or in temporary accommodation over 56 days under a notice period.
You will also be responsible for helping customers find and make the most of all the suitable settled rehousing opportunities available to them working closely with rehousing leads. This includes progressing nominations:
- To Social Housing by supporting the customer with the assessment and bidding process as required, collating documents and reviewing risk assessments and support needs to ensure suitability and to contribute to quality nomination submissions to the housing association. Being an advocate for the customer with the housing association when required
- To Private Sector Housing opportunities by ensuring the customer is ready with all the relevant nominations paperwork for shortlisting and/or a viewing in a timely manner.
- To Supported Accommodation for eligible customers with an identified rehousing need, helping the customer to access the waiting list and progress any nominations. This may include helping customers with forms, collating documents, attending interviews with clients and generally being their advocate when negotiating with a provider to secure placements to prevent and relieve homelessness.
- Assisting customers with move on support and welfare needs including any financial assistance through DHPs, prevention loans or signposting to welfare benefits.
- Maintain accurate administrative records in keeping with GDPR.
Successful candidates will have a vast amount of experience doing the above at management, leadership level within a local authority setting as there will be an expectancy to hit the ground running.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV or call me on 0115 666 6399.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.