Mechanical Design Engineer
12 month Contract / Full Time
Are you a creative and dynamic engineering professional with experience in mechanical engineering? Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge?
If so, we need you!
Leading through engineering, architectural skills and experience, our forward-looking approach sustains connections within the building service industry, providing an incomparable service.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our expanding team. With experience within the industry, you will work on a variety of exciting projects, expanding your wide range of skills whilst supporting the ongoing success of a leading engineering company.
The role will be based from our North West office, but we do operate a hybrid working environment which provides opportunity to work from any of our other UK offices or from home.
- Responsible for leading design projects or project steps within a larger design programme, proactively raising issues that may affect completion of projects in a timely manner.
- Draws on technical knowledge and experience to independently develop the most effective solutions for less routine engineering problems.
- Coordinates activities with peers and team members to meet deadlines and achieve set targets in the most effective and efficient way.
- Provides recommendations on resourcing requirements for specific projects to more senior team members.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Mechanical design skills using CAD packages i.e. Revit / SolidWorks
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Commercial awareness in dealings with clients, proposals and projects.
- Learning agility, actively learning through experimentation and experience and seeking ways to grow and to be challenged.
What’s in it for you:
We are committed to the development and success of our people, which is why we want to create the best employee experience that supports each member through all the stages of their career.
We offer ongoing opportunities to grow your skills and shape your career towards becoming the best version of yourself.
We pride ourselves in having an excellent team environment, which is not only friendly, but challenging.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then don’t let it slip by – It won’t be available for long!
Submit your CV and cover letter to;
Your next role is only a submission away!
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.