I am recruiting for x1 Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for a client I’m working with based out of Edinburgh, Scotland
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be working INSIDE IR35 – working through one of our PSL Umbrella Companies. You will be paid on weekly basis, on Friday’s.
The role is 5 days in the office (in Edinburgh) with some occasional client visits required.
- UK Gas experience or other associated industries, e.g., Hydrogen. Registered on the myCDA. Please note: If you aren’t any of these but you can demonstrate that you have transferable skills that involve pipeline/piping design or hazardous area classification experience, then still apply.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering and ideally Chartered Status (or working towards), either with IGEM, IMECHe or equivalent
- Ideally at least 5 years’ experience working within the UK Oil and Gas industry as a Mechanical Design Engineer,
- Expertise in pipeline and/or piping design within the UK gas industry, but other industry included.
- Must possess full UK driving license and be willing to travel within UK and potentially oversees when required.
- You are registered on the UK Gas Industry Competent Design Authority Database (myCDA).
- Experience carrying out hazardous area classification advantageous and demonstrable knowledge of using recognised Oil and Gas industry hazardous area classification codes of practice and guidance.
If you are interested interviews will be held ASAP via Microsoft Teams.
- Rate: Negotiable (Per Hour)
- Hours: 37.5 a week
- Start: ASAP (start in November/early December)
- Contract Length: 6 to 12 Months (scope for extension)
Get in contact on 01792 804 433 or email me on for immediate consideration.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.