One of my local authority clients based in the West Midlands are currently on the lookout for a Planning Enforcement Officer to join their team on an interim basis to help them towards clearing their backlog.
This role will be roughly 25% site work and 75% remote bases as most of the works are planned however there may be the odd requirement to occasionally be reactive when needed.
You will be responsible for:
– investigating allegations of planning breaches
– liaising with the informer to get enough details
– taking evidence in line with the evidence gathering procedures
– taking photographs in line with digital image policy
– taking witness statements
– taking measurements
– writing reports outlining what the breaches are
– if there are no breaches reporting back to the informer
– Preparing enforcement notices
Previous experience doing the above within a local authority setting is ESSENTIAL for this role as there will be an expectancy to come in and hit the ground running.
Planning Enforcement Officer
Contract: 6 Months +
Start Date: ASAP
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.