A Local Authority based in the South of England requires a Principal Contract Lawyer on an initial 3 month basis with a strong possibility of it being extended past this point.
A successful candidates will have the skillset below:
- Provide expertise and knowledge of, and provide advice and guidance and practical assistance on, local government law in the areas of local government contract and procurement work.
- Conduct a full range of work types in this area.
- Utilising skills and experience gained within a similar position, you will report to the Principal Lawyer (Contracts & Procurement) and will have your own complex and varied caseload.
For this role you will need to:
- Hold a Solicitor, Barrister, FILEX or similar qualification.
- Have experience of contract and procurement work, preferably in a local government context.
- Excellent knowledge of the law and practice of contract and procurement law.
- Experience of managing a wide and varied forms of contract and procurement matters with minimal supervision.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.