JOB OPPORTUNITY – Rehousing/Lettings Team Leader – Home Counties
One of my local authority clients based in the Home Counties are currently on the lookout for a Rehousing/Lettings Team Leader to join their team.
You will be required to work a minimum of X2 days in office per week with their being scope for the remainder to be worked remotely.
Rehousing/Lettings Team Leader
Contract: 3 Months + (likely to extend)
Start Date: ASAP
Housing Software: Civica
You will be responsible for leading and managing the rehousing & partnerships team to deliver a customer focused, cost effective and professional rehousing service to meet the Council’s statutory housing duties to prevent and relieve homelessness.
You will be expected to:
- Facilitate strong and close partnership working with local accommodation providers to monitor and enhance rehousing supply.
- Assist with developing effective multi-agency working arrangements to deliver, monitor and report on positive and suitable rehousing outcomes for customers needing additional support.
- Assist with collecting, analysing and reporting data to identify gaps in service provision to support on-going review of resources available to local partnerships to maximise rehousing opportunities and enable effective interventions tailored to needs on an individual basis.
You will also be responsible for building partnerships and supervising the rehousing team to maximise the provision of affordable and suitable lettings opportunities for customers and ensuring fair matching, shortlisting and allocation of places to prevent and relieve homelessness through:
- Private Sector Lettings, (including hosting landlord forums, delivering the Rent Deposit Scheme in accordance with its written terms and agreements and overseeing landlord incentives).
- Social Housing Choice Based Lettings Scheme (including hosting a regular Social Housing forum, monitoring and reporting housing register data).
- Supported Housing Placements (including contract monitoring the effectiveness of commissioned supported housing to ensure we maximise nomination and allocation opportunities) .
- Co-ordinate provision and third sector partnerships to support the councils rough sleeper reduction strategy by working closely with partners to develop pathways towards settled rehousing to prevent rough sleepers returning to the streets (e.g. rough sleeper initiatives).
Successful candidates will have a vast amount of experience doing the above at management, leadership level within a local authority setting as there will be an expectancy to hit the ground running.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV or call me on 0115 666 6399.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.