I am working with a local authority based in London who is looking for an experienced Business Rates Officer to join their team.
- Administer the Billing, Collection and Recovery of Business Rates
- Open, close and amend accounts, take payments and set up direct debits
- Apply discounts, reliefs, exemptions and disregards
- Check and authorise requests for refunds and write-offs
- Trace absconded Business Rates Payments
- Review and determine the most appropriate action to collect outstanding Business Rates debts
- Dealing with summonses and liability orders
- Prepare cases for Magistrates Court and Valuation Tribunals
- Previous experience working in Business Rates/NNDR
- Extensive Knowledge of business rates legislation
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Local Government Collection
- Proficient in Northgate NEC system
Job Type: Full Time
Contract length: 6 months with possibility for extension
Rate: £26+ DOE
If this role is of interest to you then please reply to this email or call for Nayha on 0121 726 2680.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.