I am working with a local authority based in the North-East who is looking for an experienced Housing Benefits and Council Tax Officer to join their team.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Administer, process, and assess Housing and Council Tax Benefit claims, contributing to financial assistance for eligible recipients.
- Manage billing, collection, and recovery of Council Tax payments, ensuring accuracy and adherence to policies.
- Handle customer inquiries with professionalism and empathy, employing effective communication skills
- 2+ years of Local Government Experience
- Knowledge of NEC Revenues & Benefits
Job Type: Full Time
Contract; 6 months with possibility for extension
Location: Fully remote
Rate: Negotiable DOE
If you are interested in this role and wish to apply, please reply to this email or call 0121 726 2680
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.