Job Title: Resettlement Officer
Contract Type: 18 Months
Working Hours: Full-Time (Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM)
Hybrid: 2 days in the office 3 days at home
My client in London is recruiting for an experienced officer with extensive knowledge of homelessness legislation and experience as a Discharge of Duty Officer, to work on a Temporary Accommodation Reduction Project.
As a Resettlement Officer, you will be an integral part of the Temporary Accommodation Reduction Project, situated within the Housing Partnership and Service Improvement Team. Reporting directly to the Temporary Accommodation Reduction Project Manager, you will assist in implementing change projects and new ways of working. Your role will primarily involve managing discharges of duty within specific cases. You will be responsible for conducting comprehensive assessments and legal decisions that can withstand legal scrutiny and are successful at the review stage or in court. In addition, you will be tasked with a range of ad hoc duties to support the delivery of the Temporary Accommodation Reduction Project.
- Assist in the delivery of change projects and new ways of working.
- Manage discharges of duty within specific cases in compliance with the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and legal decisions that can withstand legal scrutiny.
- Uphold decisions at the review stage or in court.
- Collaborate with the Temporary Accommodation Reduction Project Manager to undertake specific project-related activities.
- Collate and monitor data and produce reports and detailed documents as required.
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Work both in the office and from home, with a minimum of 2 office days per week, as determined by service requirements.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.