I am working with a local authority based in the North West looking for a Revenues Officer to join their team to deliver an efficient revenue (council tax) collection.
- Be responsible for setting accounts, applying reliefs, discounts and exemptions and also the instigation of recovery procedures where necessary in accordance with council tax rules and regulations.
- Respond to enquiries from taxpayers by telephone, letter, email or in person in the most appropriate manner and within the council’s customer care standards
- Assist the Court taking officer to provide evidence in support of the Council’s cases.
- Under the guidance of a Senior Officer assist with the investigation into any suspected fraud cases.
- Ensure official complaints from taxpayers or their representatives are replied to in accordance with the corporate standards, to include Councillor and Members enquiries
- Preferably experience of using NEC Revs and Bens back-office system and Civica Document Management system. Understanding of council tax legislation
Location: North West, Hybrid
Contract length: 4 months
Job Type: Full Time
Rate: £Negotiable DOE
If this role is of interest to you then please reply with you CV or call 0121 726 2680
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.