I am working with a local authority based in Lincolnshire looking for a Revenues Officer to join their team.
The Collection and Recovery section is responsible for collection and recovery of Council Tax, Housing Benefit overpayments, Rents and Sundry Debts.
- Make decisions in respect of liabilities and reliefs, discounts and exemptions in accordance with law and policy guidelines
- Calculate or verify calculations of arrangements and interest on refunds, providing explanations to ratepayers.
- To facilitate payment of rates by ensuring that demand notices and other documentation are issued to ratepayers as appropriate.
- Implement methods of payment, refunds and other transactions as necessary.
- Serve various legal notices and invoices for all debt types, implementing payment agreements and take appropriate action for collection and recovery in accordance with guidelines, taking ownership of monitoring accounts and payment arrangements.
Proficient in Capita One/Academy is essential for this role
Location: Lincolnshire – Hybrid
Job Type: Full Time
Contract length: 6 months with possibility for extension
Rate: £26 ph umbrella
If this role is of interest to you then please apply with your CV or call 0121 726 2680
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.