My Local Authority client based in the Bedfordshire-direction are looking for a Senior Temporary Accommodation Officer to join their team for at least 6 months.
About the role:
- Senior Temporary Accommodation Officer
- 6 months
- Start by the end of July
- 4-5 days on-site per week to allow management of staff (who are office based) and coordination with management
- Overseeing 3 officer and 3 assistants (and about 800 properties)
- Northgate/NEC system
- To supervise the management of accommodation provided under Part VII of the 1996 Housing Act (as amended). This includes the allocation of this accommodation.
- To ensure the Council complies with the Homelessness Act and Health & Safety legislation and all related statutory guidance. Providing advice to colleagues, elected members, and the public on the Homelessness Reduction Act, Protection from Eviction Act and Localism Act 2011. As well as Council policy and procedures relating to license management.
- To lead a team of professional officers and provide effective performance management, including setting targets, undertaking regular supervision and appraisals, assessing and as far as possible, addressing training and development needs and taking effective action where performance is unsatisfactory
- To provide responses to complaints and enquiries through the Council’s formal reporting system.
- Contribute to and co-ordinate the promotion, development and implementation of alternative initiatives to ensure the service is operating under best value to achieve a reduction in homelessness cases and ensure it is adapting to the needs of the customer.
- To engage with internal and external partners and stakeholders to ensure that the needs of the service are met.
- To deputise for other Seniors/Managers as required.
- Evidence of detailed understanding of the legislative frameworks and statutory requirements relating to the Housing Solutions Service and a high level of technical knowledge of relevant legislation. This will include knowledge of the law relating to homelessness as covered by the 1996 Housing Act and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- Evidence of detailed understanding of the rules around security of tenure as laid down in the 1977 Protection from Eviction Act and legal standards surrounding accommodation including the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
If you think you could be a good fit, please do apply. Should you have any questions you can reach me on or by calling 0115 666 6399, asking for Olivia.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.