JOB OPPORTUNITY – Temporary Accommodation Placements Officer – Home Counties
One of my local authority clients based in the Home Counties are currently on the lookout for a Temporary Accommodation Placements Officer to join their team.
You will be required to work a minimum of X3 days in office per week with their being scope for the remainder to be worked remotely.
Temporary Accommodation Placements Officer
Contract: 3 Months + (likely to extend)
Start Date: ASAP
Housing Software: Civica
You will be responsible for providing a customer focused temporary accommodation placement service to deliver the Council’s accommodation duties under the Homelessness Reduction Act in accordance with the temporary accommodation management policy and support the Council’s objectives to prevent and relieve homelessness.
You will also be responsible for:
- Make suitable temporary accommodation placements to eligible customers taking into account the property specification, customer needs and risk assessment.
- Make cost effective temporary accommodation placements always pursuing best value for money with each placement.
- Follow strictly all administrative and financial procedures for booking, transferring, ending placements and welfare support measures in every case.
- Keeping accurate and timely records of all casework and decision points and issue formal written notifications of such decisions to customers that include, working with the assessment advice officer or the rehousing officer to provide a legally robust explanation of duties owed or duties ended under the Homelessness Reduction Act.
- Upholding the highest standards of customer service care including timely, professional communications with customers and providers about placements and responding to complaints, members and general enquiries effectively.
Successful candidates will have a vast amount of experience doing the above at management, leadership level within a local authority setting as there will be an expectancy to hit the ground running.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV or call me on 0115 666 6399. Alternatively, please do feel free to message me here on LinkedIn.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.