One of my local authority clients based in the Home Counties are currently on the lookout for a Tenancy Management Officer to join their team on an interim basis.
Tenancy Management Officer
Contract: 5 Months +
Start Date: ASAP
Hours 37 p/w
Housing Software: QL
Days in office per week: 4 / 1 (remote)
You will be responsible for the tenancy and void management of a patch of properties, and will act as the first point of contact for members, tenants and other councils services in respect of the council owned residential properties.
You will be expected to provide a high quality, customer focused service covering all aspects of voids and tenancy management including transfer visits, welcome visits, tenancy charges, tenancy terminations and enforcement of tenancy conditions.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Customer Care – Manage all requests for succession to a tenancy, assignment, mutual exchange and the reallocation of a property utilising knowledge of the relevant housing legislation
- Voids – Responsible for identifying suitable temporary and permanent decant properties and coordinating other teams in assisting the tenant in arranging removals, fitting of carpets and curtains and changes to services
- Mobility – Responsible for the entire process of tenant mobility from application to sign up, assisting tenants to complete transfer applications and bid on properties where required, organising property viewings, providing references and completing assessments, finally ensuring that new tenants are fully aware of their contractual terms, rights and obligations relating to the Tenancy Agreement.
- Welfare – Responsible for managing housing issues for customers dealing with stressful situations in an organised and professional manner
- Budgets – Manage the Estate Improvement budget for the area, consulting and engaging with members, tenants and leaseholders on projects and ensuring that the budget is fully utilised.
Successful candidates will need to have previous experience doing the above within a local authority setting as there will be an expectancy to come in and hit the ground running.
It is also desirable that you have a degree or equivalent qualification or a relevant professional qualification e.g. Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Housing (CIHCM)
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.