INTERVIEWS NEXT WEEK – Tenancy Sustainment Officer/Housing Advisor – London – Job Opportunity
A local authority client of mine within London are seeking a Tenancy Sustainment Officer/Housing Advisor for a contract until the end of March 2024.
This role will be hybrid working but due to assist with their duty rota you will need to be in office X2 days per week.
You will be expected to manage a caseload offering housing advice to applicants who are threatened with homelessness for various reasons ranging from being served section 21 or 8 notices, affordability issues, disrepair issues etc.
The role will contribute to the reduction in the number of households going into temporary accommodation and living within unsuitable housing in the borough.
- Complete Housing Assessments for applicants who approach the council.
- Liaise closely with landlords/agents to confirm reasons for homelessness / threat of homelessness.
- Where possible and appropriate sustain tenancies and prevent applicants homelessness from current properties through persuasion and negotiation with landlords/agents.
- Negotiate with landlords.
- Nominate applicants for viewings of suitable PRS accommodation advertised.
- Complete a personal housing plan to assist on how best to resolve their housing issue.
Tenancy Sustainment Officer (Housing Advisor)
Contract Length: 9 Months
Pay Rate: DOE
Start Date: ASAP
Hours p/w: 37
Interviews are being held throughout next week so please don’t hesitate to reach out if interested.
g2 Recruitment are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.